|resources:||Home Installation Screenshots Feedback|
check4change (aka C4C) is a simple Mozilla FireFox extension that allows you to periodically check a web-page for updates.
If you have ever found yourself pressing the reload button repeatedly waiting for a web page to be updated, then this extension is for you.
C4C allows you to select the relevant part of the page, set a checking interval (e.g. every 1 minute), and it takes care of the rest.
UsageC4C basic usage is as very easy:
- Select, with your mouse, the part of the page you want checked for change.
- Right-Click, choose the time interval from the Check4Change context menu.
The tab icon will indicate this page is being monitored by changing to C4C.
You can continue to work or even leave the computer. When a change is found, C4C will notify using:
- Dancing C4C letters in the tab icon. Clicking the tab indicates you've seen it, and the icon changes back to the original.
- Sound notification. So you can safely leave the computer.
- Pop-up notification. To alert you if you are using FireFox in another tab.
- And others.
Usage ExamplesC4C allows very versatile usage, by cleverly choosing the monitored text.
- New E-mail notifier. Select number of new messages (E.g. "Inbox (49 Unread)"). See example
- New auction bid notifier. Select latest price. (E.g. "Current Price: 21.50$")
- New blog post notifier. Select current newest post title.
- And many more...
This project is being actively developed. As such, I would very much like to hear any suggestions, ideas, bugs, or general comments you might have.
You can use the feedback form, or the "Feedback" option in the Check4Change menu.
Also, if you find this extension useful you can support its development with a donation using this PayPal link.
As a supporting user, your requested features receive high priority in the projects's to-do list.
If these features seem too task-specific, I might be able to provide you with a customized version.
Thank you for using Check4Change.